Blueberry–sour Cream Coffee CakeFrom kharrington05 6 years ago
- 1. 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2. 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 3. 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4. 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 5. 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6. 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten shopping list
- 7. 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 8. 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 9. 3/4 cup blueberry preserves, plus 1 tablespoon melted preserves shopping list
- 10. confectioners' sugar, for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2. Butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- 4. Add the granulated sugar and beat until fluffy.
- 5. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- 6. Beat in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- 7. Spread all but 1/2 cup of the batter into the prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, make a trough in the batter, all the way around the pan.
- 8. Mix the 3/4 cup of blueberry preserves with the reserved batter and spoon it into the trough.
- 9. Bake the cake for about 1 hour, or until it begins to pull away from the pan and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- 11. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, remove the pan and let cool completely.
- 12. Sift the confectioners' sugar over the cake, drizzle with the melted blueberry preserves and serve.
The Cookkharrington05 Frisco, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!