Tomato Soup Grilled CheeseFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 (10.5-oz) can condensed tomato soup shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp basil shopping list
- black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 10 thin slices 12-grain country bread, lightly toasted shopping list
- 2 oz aged cheddar cheese (I like extra-old white), shredded shopping list
- 5 tsp butter, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together soup, eggs, egg whites, water, basil and pepper.
- Soak bread slices in the egg mixture, turning to evenly coat.
- Remove half the soaked slices to a plate and sprinkle with even amounts of Cheddar. Top with second half of the soaked slices.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt 2 tsp butter.
- Add two sandwiches and cook, flipping once, until eggs are cooked and cheese is melted in the centre. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches, using 1 tsp butter per sandwich.
- Serve hot!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Original Recipes143 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
School Lunches And Snacks76 members
Nut Free5 members