Banana Cinnamon Bread PuddingFrom choclytcandy 2 years ago
- Adapted from banana bread Pudding, The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook. shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 1 cup condensed milk shopping list
- * 3 large eggs shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- * 3 medium very ripe bananas, sliced shopping list
- * 2 1/4 cups cinnamon bread (ideally challah style), diced shopping list
- * 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- * caramel sauce for serving shopping list
- * ice cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, eggs, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Set aside
- Butter the bottoms of each ramekin with butter. Divide the butter, placing a small pat in each ramekin. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into each ramekin. Arrange the bananas over the sugar, followed by bread. Soak with some of the custard mixture. Repeat with another layer of banana, bread and custard. Press the bread into the custard to ensure it gets a good soaking. Sprinkle with any remaining sugar.
- Cover ramekins with a foil, place in a baking dish in the oven. Pour boiling water into baking dish, filling halfway. Bake for 30 minutes, uncover, then bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve the bread pudding warm with drizzle of caramel sauce, and if you’re feeling especially indulgent, a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!