Carmelized Onion SpreadFrom doreenfish 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil shopping list
- 4 c sliced yellow onions ( red is good too)about 3 medium size shopping list
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste shopping list
- bagel or pita chips shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and add onions. cook over low/med heat stirring from time to time until they carmelize and turn a golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat. and cool about 10 mins.
- Place cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, cayenne pepper and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape the onion into the food processor and using short pulses combine the onion with the cream cheese until evenly distributed. Do not blend too much as you want onion pieces throughout. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!