Authentic Lebanese HummusFrom Stephenwhite78 5 years ago
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans (chick peas) shopping list
- 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup (2oz) olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp tahini shopping list
- 1/8-1/2 cup of reserved liquid from cans shopping list
- 1ts salt (to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed preferred) shopping list
- paprika for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Drain Cans and reserve liquid.
- 2. Add to blender: garlic, tahini, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice.
- 3. blend on high, to mix and chop garlic.
- 4. add beans and dash of liquid.
- 5. a-while blending, add liquid a little at a time, watching for correct consistency. (you want a smooth pasty like substance without lumps.)
- b-you may need to stop blender and clean sides. also taste and check if there is enough salt!
- 6. transfer to glass pan or bowl and spread across bottom. cover with cling wrap. (something flat makes it easier for everyone to dip)
- 7. sprinkle paprika on edges and chill in fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- 8. serve with pita bread, celery, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, or anything you can think of dipping!
- Bear in mind this is a starter recipe, some people prefer more lemon juice or salt. Once you make this enough, you can do everything by eye without measuring. This is what she gave me to start with. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The CookStephenwhite78 Melrose, U.S.
- Not added to any groups yet!