Peanut Butter And Jelly BarsFrom wynnebaer 5 years ago
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup grape jelly or other jelly or jam, I used blackberry preserves shopping list
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8x8x2-inch metal baking pan with heavy-duty foil, leaving 2-inch overhang around edges and pressing firmly into corners and up sides of pan. Coat foil with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter in large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just to blend. Transfer half of dough to prepared pan (about scant 1 1/2 cups). Place remaining dough in freezer for 10 minutes. Using fingertips, press dough evenly onto bottom of pan. Spread jelly over in even layer. Remove dough from freezer; using fingertips, break into grape-size pieces and scatter over jelly layer. Sprinkle chopped nuts over.
- Bake bars until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes See Photo. Cool bars completely in pan on rack.
- Using foil overhang as aid, lift bars from pan. Gently peel foil from edges. Cut into 16 squares. DO AHEAD Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!