Cilantro Alfredo SauceFrom icecreamuffin 5 years ago
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (I am a garlic fiend; 2 might be enough for a normal person) shopping list
- 1 tbsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Add the cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer.
- Gradually stir in the parmesan until well blended and sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in the mozzarella, and keep stirring until (your arm falls off) it's fairly smooth.
- Put cilantro in a food processor and add about 1 cup of the alfredo sauce. Pulse until well blended, and stir back into the pan.
- Add more salt & pepper if necessary, and serve hot over spinach fettuccini.
- Note: This sauce will solidify in the fridge, but don't worry; it will soften back up once heated again :)
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!