Stove Top Rice PuddingFrom rabid 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup white rice, short or medium grain shopping list
- 1 Qt half & half shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried sour cherries (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnimon (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to directions, until tender.
- While rice is cooking, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, vanilla and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat together by hand.
- In a 3 Qt sauce pan put sugar & egg mixture together with half & half and heat on medium - low, stirring constantly. (takes about 20 - 25 minutes)
- When rice is cooked add it to the pudding mixture. (this is where you add the rasins or cherries)
- When pudding is consistancy of a very thick gravy, it is done. Pour into a bowl or smaller serving bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cool and serve.
The Cookrabid Roanoke, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!