Short-cut Mexican MoleFrom sharebear1 4 years ago
- 15 chicken legs shopping list
- 1 white onion, peeled and sliced in half shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- For Mole: shopping list
- 1 - 8.5oz. Jar of Doña María® Mole shopping list
- 2-3 cups chicken stock from boiling chicken shopping list
- 1 white onion, minced shopping list
- 1 - 8oz. can tomato sauce (no salt added) shopping list
- 1 - 6oz. can tomato paste, diluted in with 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 3/4 - tablet abuelita® or ibarra® chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Place chicken into stock pot with onion, garlic, bay leaves, bouillon, cumin, salt and pepper. Fill with enough water to cover chicken completely. Bring to boil and simmer for about 45 minutes, until chicken is done.
- 2.Remove chicken and set on plate; reserving stock.
- 3.In blender place mole sauce. Add about 2 cups of chicken stock and blend several minutes until smooth; set a side.
- 4.In large skillet add oil and diced onion. Saute until golden brown; 5-7 minutes. Add ketchup and stir until bubbling, add tomato sauce and stir until bubbling, add diluted tomato paste and stir until bubbling again. Add the mole sauce. Stir together again. Add the chocolate tablet and stir constantly; not to burn the chocolate. Once chocolate is incorpated, turn heat to low. Add a chicken stock a cup at a time to mole until you reach your desired consistancy; the sauce will get thicker while it stands also. I prefer 2-3 cups of chicken stock (be sure to discard bay leaves). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5.Remove skin from chicken and place chicken into mole. Remove from heat and serve.