Lazy Day Sponge CakeFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs until thick, add vanilla and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients, then the hot milk and butter.
- Bake at 375º for 20-25 minutes in a greased 9X13 pan.
- Cut in squares and serve topped with sliced strawberries and whipped cream (optional)
- Or cut in cubes and layer with Rum Custard
- Rum Custard
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat together egg yolks, milk, sugar and salt. Cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened. The mixture should be thick enough to coat a spoon. Add rum and vanilla. Let cool, cover, and chill. When ready to serve, ladle sauce over sponge cake cubes or sliced bananas.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!