Lazy Day Sponge CakeFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs until thick, add vanilla and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients, then the hot milk and butter.
- Bake at 375º for 20-25 minutes in a greased 9X13 pan.
- Cut in squares and serve topped with sliced strawberries and whipped cream (optional)
- Or cut in cubes and layer with Rum Custard
- Rum Custard
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat together egg yolks, milk, sugar and salt. Cook and stir until mixture is slightly thickened. The mixture should be thick enough to coat a spoon. Add rum and vanilla. Let cool, cover, and chill. When ready to serve, ladle sauce over sponge cake cubes or sliced bananas.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!