How To Cheat At Poaching EggsFrom rarariver 4 years ago
How to make it
- Boil the water.
- While that's happening, take your ziploc bag and place it into your mug so that it dips inside the mug. Drape the edges of the bag around the outside of the mug as much as possible.
- Crack the egg into the bag.
- Lift out of the mug, and tie off with a twisty-tie just above the egg. Be sure to leave a little pocket of air in there with the egg.
- Go back to your boiling water, and turn the heat down to low so that it simmers.
- Grasping the extra plastic at the top of your egg-in-a-bag, lower the egg completely into the boiling water.
- Don't let go of the bag!
- Watch as your egg cooks right inside the bag.
- Remove once the outside of the egg has congealed white. (About 90 seconds... longer for firmer yolk.)
- Voila! A poached egg. Maybe it's not perfect and gorgeous, but it sure will taste good.
- Serve over a toasted and buttered English muffin.
The Cookrarariver Omaha, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!