HummusFrom monik 6 years ago
- 1/2 kg chickpea / garbanzo bean ( soaked overnight n boiled next day ) shopping list
- 4-5 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup of tahini ( sesame paste) shopping list
- 1 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed shopping list
- a small bunch of parsely shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp of chilly powder (opt.) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- I prefer chickpea soaked overnight n boiled for 20 mins till it breaks or removes it skin... restore its water .... i wont recommend canned chickpea
- In a blender add boiled chickpea garlic sesame paste n few leaves of parsely n grind it into a fine paste... as sesame paste or tahini has a tendency to thicken the paste add water as needed ... donot make it watery form ... we need it thick paste ... add 1/2 cup lemon juice before removing from the blender n give a quick spin one last time
- Remove it in a serving bowl ... decorate it with genrous amount of olive oil n parsely leaves n remaining lemon juice
- Can be served with arabic bread or pita....
- Enjoy !!!
- Tip : U can add chilly powder if u like spicy , add it during blending process .... u can even omit garlic if u dont like it
- Chickpea contains helpful source of zinc , proteins , calcium , iron many other minerals
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!