Amish Green Tomato RelishFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 quarts green tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 green peppers diced shopping list
- 3 red peppers diced shopping list
- 3 cups vinegar shopping list
- 5 large onions finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoons celery seed shopping list
- 1 tablespoons allspice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed shopping list
- 1 tablespoons turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and let stand 10 minutes then drain well.
- In large pan mix celery seed, mustard seed, turmeric, allspice, sugar and vinegar with vegetables.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and bring to a second boil then remove from heat.
- Fill hot sterile canning jars and seal tightly.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Well I had about 3 quarts of chopped green tomatoes of the little Jubilee type. So I built the recipe accordingly. This makes a good hot-dog relish, I also added some canned serano peppers for a little zip. Made 9 1/2 pints. NOTE: Hot water bath cann...moreFrador in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!