Epic Veggie Stuffed PeppersFrom chefmal 4 years ago
- 4 green bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, deseeded and deveined shopping list
- 3 Cups long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 Can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup shopping list
- 1 pkg Krasdale frozen spinach shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 Jar of Classico alfredo sauce, unless you have time to make your own. Their lite version shreds, try it. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp parsley, thyme, black pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, Goya's Recaito. shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional, I like my garlic) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, nutmeg shopping list
- Plus more smoked paprika for dusting the tops shopping list
How to make it
- We start with 3 cups of rice in a boiling pot of water. Let that simmer on high heat for about 20 minutes or until just al dente. In the meantime, get a large pyrex baking dish and put some of the alfredo sauce at the bottom so them bitches won't burn. Line that sucker with tin foil if you don't like scrubbing nasty, moldy ass pyrex. That's what they make it for! Arrange all 8 halves in a single layer inside the dish, don't matter if they're crowded. Peppers like it that way.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Once most of the liquid is gone from the rice, put up the frozen spinach block with a little bit of water at the bottom. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until heated through. By now your rice should be done. Strain the spinach and dump it right into the rice. Add the cream of mushroom soup, the shredded cheese, diced garlic, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, recaito and spices. Mix until thoroughly blended over a low flame.
- Once it's all blended beautifully, cut the heat and use a spoon to scoop the rice mixture into the pepper halves. Don't be stingy! Once you've filled all those peppers up to the brim, spoon a bit of the alfredo sauce over each pepper, then top it off with a light dusting of smoked paprika for color.
- Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes. When it's done, take it out, let it sit for a minute or so and indulge. Your palate will orgasm. Best believe I'll be hittin' up these bitches when I get home from work. Though there may not be any left by then.
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!