Indian Rice Pudding ( Kheer)From monik 5 years ago
- 1 litre of full fat milk shopping list
- 1/2 small tea cup of long grain rice soaked for atleast 1 hour shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar ( u can use as much sweet u want ) shopping list
- 1 tsp of cardamon powder or vanilla shopping list
- few strands of saffron shopping list
- some nuts to decorate ( opt ) shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep pan boil the milk give it one boil n add the rice..now start stirring with a wooden spoon ....keep stirring in a high to medium heat... milk n rice will start cooking together
- add vanilla/ cardamon powder ( i prefer cardamon powder ) after 10 min add sugar n saffron ....
- Cook till milk reduces in to half ... in between cooking take a spoon or spatula n scrap out the line create by milk around the pot this is milk cream which thickens the pudding
- mix it in the pudding .... keep stirring
- In 25 mins u will see rice is cooked in the milk n milk has thicken up like a cream ....
- close the stove cover the lid n let it rest ... cool it down completely n serve with nuts ....Ready to eat !!!!
- Tip : Always use wooden spoon .... as while stirring helps rice to release starch .....
- For rice pudding use full fat milk no skimmed milk will give the effect of the pudding...
- Afterall once in a while we should treat ourselves :P
- Enjoy !!!!! :-)