FriandsFrom shine 3 years ago
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- ½ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour shopping list
- 1½ cups icing sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 6 large egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I like Indonesian for baking) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until browned, be careful not to burn the butter. Set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine flour, almond meal, icing sugar and salt. Fold in the lightly beaten egg whites and then add the vanilla and browned butter. Mix well.
- Fill friand molds (or muffin tins). Fill it up to about 1cm before the top and tap/knock the mold/muffin tin a little bit to remove any trapped air in the pan.
- Bake friands for 10 – 12 mins at 400 F. Remove from oven and cool.
- take them out of the tins/molds after about 15 min. of cooling.
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!