Roast Beef Hash with TurnipFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp Pure canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, Chopped shopping list
- 2 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 cup turnips shopping list
- 1 poblano pepper, Raw shopping list
- 8 oz Deluxe roast beef shopping list
- 1 tsp Real Iodized salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper, Black shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme, Fresh shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, Ground shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the turnips and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. A knife should easily slip into them. Remove and stash in the fridge for 15 minutes or so while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Then dice the potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes.
- 2. Pour the oil into a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Dump in the turnips and cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown. Add the onion & cubanelle and cook for another 10 minutes, or until they are very soft.
- 3. Add the roast beef, garlic, thyme, cayenne, and nutmeg. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Whisk the cream and egg together then pour over the beef mixture. Mix well then press down on the has with the back of the of a spatula and cook for a final 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until very crispy and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a fried egg.
- Nutrion Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/turnip-roast-beef-hash/#ixzz1JcijUGrd