Cream Of Chicken SoupFrom janetta 2 years ago
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1.8kg whole chicken shopping list
- 1 medium carrot (120g), chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 stalk celery (150g), trimmed, chopped coarsely shopping list
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), copped coarsely shopping list
- 40g butter shopping list
- 50g plain flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 125ml cream shopping list
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place the water and stock in large saucepan with chicken, carrot, celery and onion; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 and half hours. Remove chicken from pan; simmer broth, covered, 30 minutes.
- Strain broth through muslin-lined sieve or colander into large heatproof bowl; discard solids.
- Melt butter in large saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually stir in broth and juice; stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Add cream, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard skin and bones form chicken; shred meat coarsely. Add chicken to soup; stir over medium heat until hot.
- Sprinkle soup with parsley; serve with crusty bread, if you like.
The Cookjanetta Bultfontein, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!