Steamed Fish With VegetablesFrom iamskippy 5 years ago
- 2 pieces of Bream fish fillets (A firm white fish) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic - chopped shopping list
- ginger - 5 good size slices cut thinly and chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tsp sesame oil shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper - sliced coarsely, about 8 to 10mm shopping list
- 1/2 yellow pepper - sliced coarsely. shopping list
- 100g of Shiitake dried mushrooms or oyster mushrooms shopping list
- 1 carrot - cut into big matchsticks shopping list
- 2 spring onions - slice the white bulb & slice the stalks into 11/2 inches or 25mm lenghts shopping list
- 1 chilli (hot or mild) Chop whole chilli as small as possible shopping list
- 3/4 cup of long grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the Shiitake mushrooms, discard this water.
- Place mushrooms in bowl and cover with very hot water (not boiling) for 30 minutes. Save this water (see note). Remove and cut off stalks and discard stalks.
- Slice mushrooms thinly. Chop finely (about match-stick size)
- Make up a tray out of alfoil leaving sufficient room around fish for some of the vegetables.
- Place tray and fish into steamer
- Mix light soy sauce, sugar, black pepper and sesame oil, pour over fish.
- Put chopped garlic, sliced spring onion bulbs and chopped ginger on top of fish.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Place sliced red & yellow peppers, mushrooms, carrots, spring onion stalks and chiili on top of fish.
- Steam for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice. Microwave for 8 minutes by using 3/4 cup of rice and 3/4 cup of water.
- Note :- I save and reduce water from mushroom to reuse in either a soup or gravy sauce for meat. I freeze in 1/2 cup lots to use as an additive for two people.
The Cookiamskippy Adelaide, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!