Copy-cat Cheesecake Factory Chicken MadeiraFrom tigressa 5 years ago
- 1 large chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 lb. baby portabello mushrooms shopping list
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups madeira wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Wondra or flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper shopping list
- crushed sea salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Fillet chicken breast into two cutlets.
- On cutting board, sprinkle chicken with cracked black pepper and sea salt, cover with saran wrap and flatten with mallet until about 1/4" thick.
- Heat olive oil in pan and fry cutlets for about 4-5 mins each side.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside... do not clean pan.
- Melt butter in pan and saute sliced mushrooms for about 3 mins or until slightly wilted.
- Add wine, stock and Wondra and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to medium/low and simmer for about 20 mins stirring frequently.
- Sauce will thicken and become dark.
- Add chicken breasts to sauce; coating well.
- Saute for about 2 mins each side.
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella on each cutlet and heat until melted.
- Serve cutlets with sauce drizzled on top.
- For the full Cheesecake Factory effect, serve with red-skinned mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus.
The Cooktigressa Lansdowne, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!