Banana Oatmeal CookiesFrom sassy_sicilian 4 years ago
- 1/2 Cup Shortning (or coconut oil) shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar or sugar substitute (I like Splenda) shopping list
- 1 Cup Packed brown sugar...for which there is no substitue :) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (we love vanilla!) shopping list
- 5 or 6 Over ripe bananas, mashed with a splash of lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 3 1/2 Cups oats shopping list
- 1 Cup raisins or nuts (Optional...I didn't use) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, or large mixing bowl cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix till combined, add bananas and mix till combined. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, mix well. Add flour mixture into the shortning, sugar mixture and mix to combine. Add all oats and nuts or raisins and mix with a big ole wooden spoon until combined!
- Grease or spray a cookie sheet and drop batter by tablespoon fulls about one inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, let cool and remove to wire rack. Makes approx 4 dozen, depending on how big you like your cookies! Enjoy!
The Cooksassy_sicilian Onna Village, Japan
- Not added to any groups yet!