War Time Baked Ham with orangeFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick spray (G-ma Roberts used a smidge of bacon fat to grease her pan, butter was rationed, she was frugal, bacon fat was gold to her)
- Slice the fatty edges of the ham steak so it won't curl.
- Spread both sides of ham steak with the ball park mustard.
- Broil a few minutes, til the mustard bubbles.
- Flip and immediately scoop straight from the concentrate can enough orange juice concentrate to cover the top of the ham slice.
- Very very sparsely sprinkle on the ground cloves, Just the slightest touch.
- Immediately put back under the broiler and broil until the concentrated juice bubbles and carmelizes.