Original Nilla Banana PuddingFrom gigilovescats2 8 years ago
How to make it
- mix 1/2 c. sugar, flour and salt in top of boiler. Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 min or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Reserve 10 wafers for garnish. Spread small amount of custard on bottom of 1 1/2 qt casserole; cover with layer of wafers and layer of sliced bananas. Pour about 1/3 of custard over bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make a total of 3 layers of each, ending with custard.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 c. sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Spoon on top of custard, spreading to cover entire surface and sealing well to edges.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Cool slightly or refrigerate several hours until chilled. Top with reserved wafers.
- Now of course my family loves this so I make 4 times this much at one time! :))
The Cookgigilovescats2 Valdosta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!