Spinach And Bacon Corn BreadFrom staccato 5 years ago
- 8 bacon rashers, fried and chopped (optional) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour shopping list
- 125 ml cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 100 grams swiss chard, blanched and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can sweetcorn or creamed corn shopping list
- 125 ml olive oil, or canola oil, plus extra for greasing shopping list
- 3 extra large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, dried (optional) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 dash salt and milled pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 200ºc.
- 2 Grease a 19cm x 8cm x 6cm deep loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- 3 Mix bacon, flour, cheddar, swiss chard and sweetcorn together.
- 4 Make a well in dry ingredients.
- 5 Whisk oil, eggs, chilli, garlic and seasoning together.
- 6 Stir into dry ingredients to form a batter
- 7 Pour into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
The Cookstaccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!