Indo Italian Wedding SoupFrom sckewer 3 years ago
- The Motta balls shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground lamb(for cows are sacred to Romeo's love Sa'ag) shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground chicken, turkey, etc. shopping list
- panko bread crumbs shopping list
- an egg white shopping list
- 1 table spoon oregano, finely chopped(parsley if you use beef instead of lamb) shopping list
- 1/2 clove minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 table spoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 table spoon nutmeg shopping list
- salt pepper to taste shopping list
- The Soup shopping list
- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/2 inch peeled ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 table spoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light cream shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- orzo shopping list
- Parm or romano cheese shopping list
- Chinese five spice to taste shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 325
- defrost the spinach
- get a ice bath ready for your skillet
- In a dry skillet on low heat wake up your coriander and cumin, after it becomes fragrant stop the cooking with an ice bath against the bottom of the pan, normally I'd say not to do this as it would at higher heats cause damage to the pan, but its just low heat.
- dump the pan into a grinder with the ginger and garlic, and grind them all together. A quick way to peel the ginger is to use the back of a spoon.
- Take all the meat ball ingredients and mix them together gently, then form them into marble sized balls and put them in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- bring a pan with oil to medium heat, and add the onions, and cook until caramalized/ coffee coloured
- dump the grinder in and add the tumeric powder and spinach.
- stir for five minutes and then tomato puree, chicken broth, Chinese five spice, and orzo
- cook for about 20 minutes on medium
- at the last minute add the cream garam masala and the meat balls
- Don't forget to de-glaze the pan with your best Italian wine, or sake, after you transfer the soup to a bowl.
- garnish with the Parm or Romano cheese grated at the table
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!