Bacon Cheese PieFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- For The Pastry: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 dash garlic salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons cold water shopping list
- For The Filling: shopping list
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- 3 ounces sliced swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 eggs - lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cups light cream shopping list
How to make it
- For the pastry crust: Sift together the flour, salt and garlic salt. Cut in shortening to size of small peas. Add cold water a teaspoon full at a time, while tossing the mixture lightly with a fork. Press together, flatten slightly, chill 10 minutes. Roll to fit 9-inch pie plate.
- For the filling: Dice bacon, fry crisp. Drain, spread in pie shell, cover with cheese slices. Combine other ingredients, strain into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes more, until silver knife inserted in pie comes out clean.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!