Hot Fudge SauceFrom nightkitchen 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a non-stick saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate.
- Add the cocoa, then the boiling water, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sugar and corn syrup, then the cream, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and boil an additional 3 minutes. Precision matters here.
- After the sauce has cooled for at least 5 m, stir in ½ t vanilla extract.
- The sauce will harden into the consistency of melted caramel when you pour it over ice cream. Makes ½ c.
- For double the amount, double all ingredients, and boil for 5 m in the second phase.
- For quadruple the amount, boil for 6 m in the second phase.
- You can store any extra sauce in a closed jar in the fridge for up to a week.