Very Comfy Spaghetti & Meatballs With Fresh HerbsFrom zinlumi 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef (as lean as you'd like) shopping list
- 1/2 onion | Chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley | Super Finely Chopped shopping list
- 1 egg | Beaten shopping list
- 1/3 Cup Fresh bread Crumbs shopping list
- fresh basil to taste & Garnish shopping list
- 1 tbsp/1 inch stem Fresh oregano | Leave Whole shopping list
- 2 slices garlic | Chopped shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Box spaghetti shopping list
- 1 can tomato sauce (or Homemade Tomato Sauce, I'll post this recipe soon) shopping list
- 1 Can Peeled tomatos shopping list
How to make it
- Meat Balls
- 1. Combine Beaten Egg, Ground Beef, Bread Crumbs, Chopped Parsley, Salt, Ground Black Pepper in a bowl and mix very well until beef is all nice and bound together with the ingredients.
- 2. Roll it up into balls and set aside.
- 3. Heat up Olive Oil in the sauce pan and saute the Chopped Garlic on medium heat until slightly golden (if the pan gets too hot before you toss the garlic in it will BURN so quick… I tend to forget :p)
- 4. Toss in the Chopped Onions and stir until translucent.
- 5. Toss in stem or leaves of Fresh Oregano until the oil is fragrant. Remove Oregano with a fork as soon as the oil has a little tinge of green and starts releasing its aroma.
- 6. Cover with Tomato Sauce, Basil Leaves, Bay Leaves, Peeled Tomatoes without the water/sauce its in. Crush the tomatoes with your spatula or a spoon.
- 7. Carefully place meatballs in the sauce and cover with a little bit of sauce.
- 8. Turn Meatballs after 3-5 minutes. Let simmer until done.
- 9. Serve and Garnish with a couple of Fresh Basil Leaves & Shaved Parmesan to taste. (I strongly recommend keeping a small block of real parmesan as opposed to the ones that comes in a shaker. Its a small investment that pays off in beautiful tastes every time!)
- 10. Bon Appetite !