Sweet Potato BurritoFrom gkwillow 5 years ago
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 medium sweet potato, grated shopping list
- 1 10 ounce can "original" Rotel tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/8 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/8 cup honey shopping list
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion and grated sweet potato in olive oil until soft.
- Add black beans, Rotel tomatoes, lime juice, honey, brown sugar, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and simmer (covered or uncovered depending on how much liquid you want remaining) for at least 30 minutes. (I think simmering longer or preparing a day ahead and reheating makes it better!)
- Serve wrapped in a flour tortilla and garnish with sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!