RouladenFrom pleclare 3 years ago
How to make it
- Pound round steak to 1/8 to 1/4 thickness.
- Mix celery,onion and bacon together and add salt and pepper.Pepper the meat.
- Spread mixture acroos meat roll. Use toothpicks or string to secure. Brown the rolls,remove from pan and add 1-1 1/2 c hot water to pan with a little Gravy Master. Scrape up bacon from the bottom of pan
- Place rolls back in pan,cover and cook about 90 mins till tender
- Remove rolls from pan and thicken gravy with 2-2-1/2 TBS cornstarch.Heat thru and serve
- Note: She sent me this recipe from memory so I translated into form. The original recipe spread some German or Dijon mustard on the rolls and a slice of dill ickle in each. Her grandmother did not use nor does she. My brother's favorite meal......