Ranch Scrambled EggsFrom sckewer 4 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream(ranch usually uses just milk but I want to make up for the loss in creaminess from cooking) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley, or about 1 and a half inches off your plant shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chives shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tea spoon of butter or virgin olive oil shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Put the salt, garlic, mustard and parsley into a mortar and pestle or grinder. and grind them together. If you are using the mortar and pestle drop the garlic clove in first and smash it once to make the skin come loose, otherwise just hit with any blunt object you have around. Set that aside for now.
- turn the pan onto medium low heat with your oil, and the previous ingredients. Cook until fragrant. To make sure your ingredients are evenly distributed on the pan's surface, for even cooking, dump them into your hand and sift through your fingers at eye level directly above the pan.
- While you're waiting scramble the eggs with a fork until you see bubbles forming, the more bubbles you get, the fluffier it'll be. Add the cream and then add the scramble to the centre of the pan, if you have bread now is a good time to start toasting it.
- Keep stirring the eggs, with two spoons, so you can sweep it out to the edges bring it all back, with all the oil and flavours bound into it, to the middle and keep it rolling, you're not making an omelette this morning.
- Once the eggs start becoming fluffy instead of runny take the pan off the heat, and stir in your cold sour cream and chives.
- If you had bread, it should be just toasted now and ready to have the eggs spread upon it.
- Use the cider vinegar to de-glaze the pan and dump the bits on top of the scrambled eggs.
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!