Sunshine BreadFrom gumby 7 years ago
- 2 envelopes yeast shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. corn meal shopping list
- big pinch tumeric shopping list
- handful dried basil shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. demerra sugar (sugar in the raw) shopping list
- handful of caraway seeds shopping list
- 9 c. flour shopping list
- 4 c. warm water shopping list
- 1/4 c. olive oil shopping list
- 4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in 1 c. warm water + 1 tsp. sugar. Let stand till frothy.
- Combine dry ingredients less 2 c. flour.
- Add remaining 3 c. water, water with yeast and oil. Mix to form soft dough, adding remaining flour as necessary.
- Place in oiled bowl, turning over so top of dough is oiled.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk (1 hour or so).
- Form into two loaves of bread, or two loaves + 6 buns for smaller loaves.
- Cover and let rise till doubled, 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 till golden, approx. 40 minutes.