Quick N Tender Deer StewFrom sweetwords 9 years ago
- 1-2 lbs. deer meat shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
- beef bouillon - 1 cube per cup of water, plus 1-2 extra shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion shopping list
- Dash black pepper shopping list
- 5-1/2 oz. spicy tomato juice (such as V8) shopping list
- Dash hot sauce shopping list
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 3 cups chopped red potatoes shopping list
- Any fresh or canned vegetables you have on hand (except peas) such as: shopping list
- mixed vegetables, drained shopping list
- mexicorn shopping list
- mushrooms, drained shopping list
- green beans, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preparing fresh deer meat before starting stew:
- Soak for 1-2 days in salted ice (do not drain meltwater, just add more ice); when finished soaking, wash meat thorougly, making sure to get every last hair. This method works best in cold weather.
- Pressure cook first 5 ingredients for 25 minutes then release steam and check to see if deer is tender. If not, add a cup of water and a bouillon cube, pressure back up, cook for 15 more minutes, and then release steam again.
- Pour off about half of cooking liquid.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
The Cooksweetwords Raleigh, MS
The Rating1 people
Been a long time since I had this. There is lots of deer meat floating around in this area.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it