Veggie & Herb Tortellini SoupFrom icecreamuffin 3 years ago
- 20 oz. Buitoni 3 cheese & spinach tortellini (found in my store's refrigerated section) shopping list
- 8 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground turkey, thawed shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 large celery rib, diced shopping list
- a handful of baby carrots, sliced into rounds shopping list
- 1 large roma tomato, diced shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves shopping list
- a handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves minced, stem discarded shopping list
- about 2 cups freshly chopped parsley, some reserved from garnish shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- a splash of Shiraz, or your favorite dry red wine shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt & ground black pepper shopping list
- freshly grated parmesan, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cover the bottom of a dutch oven with olive oil and heat on medium high. Add in the onion, bell pepper, carrots, and celery, cooking until translucent; season with the rosemary, salt & pepper. Deglaze with a splash of the Shiraz.
- Stir in the ground turkey, cook until just browned.
- Add in the garlic, tomato, basil, spinach, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, lemon zest, and the lemon juice. Cook until the tomato begins to reduce and the spinach and basil are wilted.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Carefully add in the tortellini, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Serve hot, topped with fresh parsley and parmesan :)
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!