Risotto With FennelFrom sosousme 5 years ago
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 2 - 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 of a fennel bulb, cleaned and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I had fresh from the Farmer's market garlic, oh, oh, so good) shopping list
- 1/3 cup white vermouth or white wine (I like to use vermouth for its consistent flavor - white wine can be so fickle) shopping list
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock (or a good quality low-salt chicken stock ~ don't buy one that has a lot of aromatics in it, you want chicken, water and salt, not carrots, celery, onions and that stuff) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano Reggiano or other good quality parmesan cheese shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place your pressure cooker over medium heat and add the oil, when hot add the onion and fennel, saute for about 3 minutes, then add the rice. Saute until the rice has been well coated with the oil and is just beginning to become translucent around the edges, about 3 - 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add the garlic and vermouth, allow the vermouth to evaporate then add the chicken stock. Cover with the top and bring to pressure, stabilize the pressure, reduce the flame to medium to medium low and cook for 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and release the pressure. Once the pressure is released, remove the top and stir in the cheese, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Per Serving: 303 Calories; 11g Fat (3g Sat, 6g Mono, 1g Poly); 14g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!