Lemon Sour Cream CakeFrom heathie_magoo 3 years ago
- 2 cups plain flour shopping list
- 2 tsps baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of butter, warmed to room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups caster sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- The juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1-2 cups icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 celsius. Grease and line a 10 inch round pan.
- 2. For the cake, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand whisk.
- 3. Gradually add the eggs to the mixture until fully blended.
- 4. Add the flour and sour cream alternately in 3 seperate additions. Finally, stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 6. Combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the warm cake. Serve whilst warm (or heat back up in the microwave for a snack!). Enjoy, comment and rate!
The Cookheathie_magoo Chester, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!