Smothered Pork ChopsFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 4 pork shoulder chops shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups sliced onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups homemade or low-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 2 - 3 apples, halved, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, or as needed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Salt and pepper the pork chops and put in a single layer into a baking dish that just fits them; place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the onion and the butter and stir; saute until the onions are soft and just beginning to brown, then add the flour. Stir well. Add the wine and balsamic and allow to evaporate in the pan, then add the beef broth. Stir and allow to thicken then pour over the pork chops. Continue to cook the pork chops for another 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender and cooked.
- In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the apple slices and saute until lightly browned; add the thyme and salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Place the apples on a plate, top with a pork chop and spoon gravy over.
- Per Serving: 419 Calories; 26g Fat (9g Sat, 13g Mono, 3g Poly); 24g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 367mg Sodium (if using soup mix it would have been 1218).
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!