Belgian Chicken And Leeks CasseroleFrom gotmusicinme 4 years ago
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved shopping list
- 5 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, chopped shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped shopping list
- 10 oz. cremini (baby bello) mushrooms, halved if large shopping list
- 3 T. flour shopping list
- 3 T. sherry shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 c. whole milk shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 8 slices dense multi-grain bread, crusts removed, sliced into triangles shopping list
- 2 T. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan shopping list
- 5 Tbs vermouth ( my variation) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper
- on both sides. Heat 2 T. oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high
- heat. Add chicken and cook on one side for approx. 3-4 mins., until
- browned. Flip over, reduce heat and cook all the way through. Once
- finished, set aside on a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan on medium heat. Add leaks, mushrooms, celery and a pinch of salt. Cook until golden brown and tender, about 10 mins.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring often for about 2 mins. Add sherry,
- vermouth,stock, milk and bay leaf.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn heat down
- to a simmer. Cook for about 5 mins. Discard bay leaf.
- Arrange bread on bottom of large baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half the veges and sauce over bread. Slice chicken crosswise,
- 1/2 inch thick, and arrange on bread.
- Spread remaining veggies and sauce over chicken, topping with parsley and Parmesan.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 25-30 mins. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gotmusicinme Martinez, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgotmusicinme Martinez, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!