Smothered Pork ChopsFrom Fanml4me 2 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 pork loin chops, boneless, approx 1-inch thick shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can chicken stock (or equiv. fresh stock) shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt, garlic, onion and pepper and dredge chops well, covering all sides. Reserve 1/4 cup of dredge mixture and set aside. In large, deep skillet, pour vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, brown chops on both sides well, about 3 minutes each side. Remove to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet, tossing to combine well with oil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until onions and peppers are translucent and tender. Add butter and melt into vegetables. Add reserved 1/4 cup dredge mixture and stir well to combine and cook off the raw flour taste. Increase heat to high and add stock and buttermilk, stirring constantly. Heat through until a thick gravy forms.
- Add chops back into skillet, nestling into gravy/vegetable mixture and spoon gravy over chops. Reduce heat to a low simmer and continue to cook chops, turning and basting with gravy about every ten minutes until desired doneness and tenderness. About 30 minutes should do it.
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!