Greek Lemon Rice SoupFrom wylddwoman 3 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the stock to a boil and add the rice.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until rice is tender but not too soft,turn the heat to low.
- Whisk the eggs and lemon juice together in the mixing bowl.
- Whisking constantly, (to make sure the egg does not cook to fast and curdle the mixture) slowly add ladle-fulls of the hot stock into the egg mixture to bring it up to the temperature of the soup.
- Once you've whisked in 6 to 8 ladle-fulls, slowly add the now hot egg mixture into the rest of the soup, whisking constantly. Do not boil the soup, or it will curdle.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!