A Crock Of Shrimp Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- • 1 cup wild rice mix. The one I get here is 1/2 wild rice and 1/2 brown rice. shopping list
- • 1 pound blanched shrimp. I use frozen medium, about 40 count. shopping list
- • 1/2 cup diced celery, can sub broccoli, optional. shopping list
- • 1 small onion, chopped. shopping list
- • 1 – 2 slices smoked bacon, chopped. shopping list
- • 4 - 6 medium bell peppers, depending on size. Tops cut off, seeded. shopping list
- • 1 – 2 corn tortillas, moistened & chopped fine, to taste. shopping list
- • 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped. You can use canned but my garden produces delightful cherry tomatoes 24/7/365 so I use those. shopping list
- • 2 cups chicken or veggie stock, divided. shopping list
- • 1 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- • 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine, optional. shopping list
- • 2 – 3 Portobello mushrooms, sliced; depending on size, optional. shopping list
- • 2 Tbs butter or olive oil shopping list
- • paprika, parmesan cheese & cilantro for garnish. shopping list
- • salt & fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- • Cook the wild rice mix according to instructions, using half the stock; plus some water if needed.
- • Put the butter or olive oil in a suitable skillet and sauté the bacon, onion & celery until the bacon is cooked but not crisp.
- • When the bacon is half cooked add the shrimp; with the garlic & other spices.
- • In a suitable bowl mix as much of the rice as you need, tomatoes, mushrooms & the contents of the skillet.
- • Stuff the peppers & garnish with paprika, parmesan cheese & cilantro. See Photo
- • Place in the crock pot, add the second cup of stock, cover & cook on LOW 8- 10 hours See Photo. HIGH 5-6 hours
- • Yes, you can bake them in the oven at 350 deg F, or 175 deg C, for 25 to 30 minutes but the crock pot will give you more flavor.
- I usually serve these with steamed corn tortillas and a fresh green salad.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
- Not added to any groups yet!