Loco MocoFrom darbar 5 years ago
- 1 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked (I use Jasmine) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water (for the rice) shopping list
- 1 1.2 oz. pkg. Knorr's roasted chicken gravy Mix (powder) shopping list
- 4 organic eggs shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. butter (for the mushrooms) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter (for the rice) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- splash of olive or peanut oil shopping list
How to make it
- Start the rice per rice directions, allowing 15 minutes for white or jasmine.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties. Splash a little oil in a non-stick skillet and cook the burgers on each side until done to your liking. You can also cook them on the grill, which saves a pan on the stove.
- Throw the sliced mushrooms in another skillet with the 2 tbsp. butter and cook them down on low-med heat, stirring occasionally.
- Start the eggs in another pan. The idea is to have one egg on top of each burger. You can scramble them or fry them, whatever works for your people.
- Cook the gravy mix according to the directions. You want to try to make sure that everything becomes ready at roughly the same time.
- To serve, put a large spoonful of rice in each of four bowls. The cooked burgers go on top of the rice, then the eggs, in whatever form you made them, then the mushrooms, and finally the gravy over all of that.
- Salt and pepper to taste and listen to everyone moan with pleasure as they eat!