Baked Flounder In Lemon Soy VinaigretteFrom chefmal 4 years ago
- 4 flounder fillets. Doesn't have to be prepackaged, just any fillets. shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, diced (or 1 1/2 tsp of pre-minced garlic out of a jar. I'm lazy!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used sushi & sashimi sauce which is really, really good) shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- Optional: thinly sliced lemon for garnish. I'm telling you that unless you're entertaining, it's not that serious. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. That may sound like a lot for fish, I thought so too. But it's okay, just do it.
- Arrange the fillets in a ceramic or glass dish (they were specific about this for some reason) just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Frankly, I only have one pyrex dish and it's ginormous. They're lucky I didn't pop these little f&%$#s on a piece of tin foil and call it a day.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce sugar and salt and whisk in the oil until emulsified. I don't know what that means so I just stirred everything together. I figured what's the difference? But then I found this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/how-to-emulsify-liquids/index.html Oops. lol
- Well, once you have your unstable emulsion, pour it evenly over the fillets and bake on the center rack of the oven until just cooked through, and no longer translucent, about 4-6 minutes.
- To be quite honest here, this was okay. Not fantastic, not terrible. It needed a little something. Maybe mustard, maybe an herb... so I added some fresh dill to the cooked fish and that made it better. My suggestion to you is add a bit of mustard into the vinaigrette to begin with. It may add some dimension which this recipe was severely lacking. Ah well, you live and you learn.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!