Coconut Mango Sticky Rice W/ Ginger AirFrom BrianneMichelle 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn starch shopping list
- 3 ripe mangos, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- ginger Air: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (found in produce section of most grocery stores) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 grams Soy Lecithin shopping list
How to make it
- Sticky Rice:
- Combine the rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, mix together 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium heat. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and set aside. Stir the cooked rice into the coconut milk mixture, cover, and allow to cool for an hour.
- Sauce: Mix together 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and corn starch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Ginger Air:
- Mix the ginger paste, water and soy lecithin in a bowl with a hand blender. Once a foam forms on top, let sit for 3 minutes.
- Repeat so that foam should continue to grow. Set aside for 3 more minutes.
- Plate your sticky rice and slices of mango, top with sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
- Spoon the "air" onto the dessert as garnish.
- Conclusion: Double the sauce recipe, it's delicious and I wish I had made more of it from the start. Also, using light coconut milk works just as well and you'll feel less guilty about this treat.
- For more molecular recipes: http://breakingtheculinarymold.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/coconut-mango-sticky-rice-w-ginger-air/
The CookBrianneMichelle Irvine, California
- Not added to any groups yet!