Chicken Sausage With Butternut Mash And Onion GravyFrom staccato 2 years ago
- 800 grams butternuts, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 knob butter shopping list
- 1 dash salt and milled pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 500 grams chicken sausage (use pork sausage if you prefer) shopping list
- 80 ml sage leaves shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely sliced shopping list
- 45 ml brandy shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Steam butternut until cooked through. Mash with butter and season, add a sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2 Heat a glug of oil in a pan and fry sausage until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- 3 Add sage to pan and fry until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- 4 Toss onion into pan and slowly cook until soft and sweet.
- 5 Add brandy and deglaze pan, scraping off any bits that stick to bottom.
- 6 Add chicken stock and boil to reduce by half. Season.
- Serve sausage and mash with lashings of gravy and sage leaves for garnish.
The Cookstaccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!