Croque Monsieur Casserole (ham & Cheese)From Noms 2 years ago
- 6-8 slices of hearty crusty Italian bread; lightly toasted shopping list
- 1/2-1lb of thick sliced deli ham (I used maple brown sugar) shopping list
- 1/2 lb Lorriane Swiss Cheese slices; divided shopping list
- 1/2 onion sliced shopping list
- *2 cups spicy brown cheese sauce shopping list
Spicy Brown cheese sauce
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1-2 slices of Lorriane Swiss shopping list
- 1tbsp spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 glove of garlic minced shopping list
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
Spicy Brown Cheese Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter on medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1 min creating a roux.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Mixture should be smooth and thick.
- Add the mustard, onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper and nutmeg and simmer for 10-15 min.
- Add both cheese and whisk until melted.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a medium casserole dish with olive oil.
- Arrange half of the bread slices on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread half the remaining cheese slices evenly onto the bread slices.
- Spread the ham slices evenly.
- Spread the sliced onions for the next layer.
- Spread the rest of the Swiss cheese for the last layer.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top of the casserole.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the entire casserole and bake until browned, about 30-45 min.
The CookNoms Cleveland, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!