Meat Sauce For PaskettiFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced shopping list
- 1 medium-large carrot, finely grated shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed shopping list
- 2 tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried) shopping list
- ½ tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked if available) shopping list
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- ½ cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes shopping list
- ½ (6-oz) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high.
- Add ground beef and brown, breaking up as you go.
- Spoon meat onto a plate with a slotted spoon, drain half the fat in the pan if there is a lot.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the onion, celery and carrot.
- Sauté until onion is golden and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and raise heat to medium, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in herbs and spices (except cocoa, salt, and pepper) and cook 1 minute longer.
- Return the beef to the pan and stir to coat with the spices, then add wine, broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and cocoa.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until sauce is thick, about 45 minutes. Remove thyme sprig (if using fresh). Season to taste and stir in the lemon juice.
- This can be prepared and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 6 months.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members