Zuppa Salsiccia E Patate - Sausage Potato SoupFrom radd 2 years ago
- 1 Pack mild Italian sausage - 3-4 Link shopping list
- 1 Pack Spicy italian sausage - 3-4 Link shopping list
- 1 lb Spicy or mild Italian sausage - Ground shopping list
- 6-8 red potatos - halfed then Diced into slices shopping list
- 1/4 Cup flat leaf parsley diced shopping list
- 1 Cup kale diced shopping list
- 8oz whole leaf spinach - cooked in garlic butter olive oil shopping list
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 6 Cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 vidalia onion - Diced shopping list
- 1/2 LB bacon - Cooked and diced shopping list
- 5 Large cloves of garlic Crushed/pureed shopping list
- 5 Cans chicken broth - Campbell is what i use shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer you Sausage Links for 10 min then move to a skillet and brown. Once cooled enough to handle slice into thin pieces then half them.See Photo
- Cook your ground sausage till brown and then char some of it on high heat. Set aside to drain.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick pot. Do not drain oils. Once bacon is cooked remove from pot and let cool. Add Onions and sauté in bacon fat and some olive oil till limp. Crumble your bacon while onions sauté. At the end of the sauté process, add your crushed garlic and bacon bits. Cook an additional 3 min on med heat. Add to the pot after all has cooked the 6 cups water and your bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil then add your Potato slices. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered. Once bouillon cubes are dissolved add your chicken broth cans. Continue cooking on a low simmer for 10-15 min till potatoes are soft and break easy.
- Once potatoes are soft add your Kale, Parsley, Spinach and Sausage. Simmer for 5 min taste it and add salt and pepper as needed then add your Heavy cream. Stir all up gently and Let rest over low flame to bring to serving temp. Roughly 5 min then serve. Dust with Parmesan at table.