Louisiana Critters In My Swamp DipFrom dmajor 4 years ago
- 2 bags(each 16 oz) of frozen spinach, cooked according to package directions shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter shopping list
- 6 to 8 gloves of garlic, minced(more if you love garlic) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon creole spice shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms shopping list
- couple of dashes hot sauce shopping list
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks of pepper-jack cheese, cubed shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 pound crawfish tails or shrimp(salad or small peeled) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- small amount of liquid crab boil if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Boil spinach according to package directions and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook onions,mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Place cooked mushroom mixture in blender or processor and blend or process on high for 30 seconds or until mushrooms are finely chopped.
- Saute crawfish or shrimp in 2 teaspoons of butter for 2 minutes.
- If using crab boil, add a little to sauteed crawfish and cook a minute or two.
- Place spinach, mushroom mixture, cream cheese,pepper-jack cheese, sour cream, crawfish, Parmesan,hot sauce, and spices in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour spinach mixture into large baking dish.
- Test for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted bread rounds.
- For a little added decoration, save a couple of the sauteed crawfish or shrimp to put on top before serving!
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!