Pork And Peppers With Chinese Bean SauceFrom joe1155 3 years ago
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, cubed shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed shopping list
- 150 grams bamboo shoots(I only had sliced bamboo shoots, so that's what I used.) shopping list
- 1 bunch of spring onion sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Chinese bean sauce, (I like Mee Chun brand) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or sherry shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat the wok or frying pan over high heat until it smokes. Add some salt and 1 Tbsp of the peanut oil. Let it start to smoke again and then add the bell pepper.
- When the color of the pepper brightens, add the bamboos shoots and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reheat the pan and add the rest of the oil and a pinch of salt. When smoking, add the pork and let it brown on one side ca. 1-2 minutes.
- Stir it around a couple of minutes and then add the onions. Stir fry 1 minute and add the other vegetables to the pan. Stir fry to reheat them.
- Make some space in the center of the wok/pan and add the sauce mixture. Let boil a minute or so and then mix everything together and serve on jasmine rice.
The Cookjoe1155 Munchen, DE
- Not added to any groups yet!